I wanted to personally say “hi!” and tell you a little bit about myself. I’m originally from the Chicago suburbs, a town in Indiana called Valparaiso (that’s right! The town Kamlyn Paige is from!) but I moved around the country from ages 18 to 28.
Places I’ve Lived
- Northwest Indiana
- Central Indiana
- Chicago, Illinois
- Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
- Tampa, Florida
- Suisun City, California
- Great Lakes, Illinois
- Norfolk, Virginia
- San Antonio, Texas
And now I am happily back in my hometown Valparaiso, Indiana with my three-year-old daughter. It’s literally the best place to live! If Stars Hollow came to life and grew by 20,000 people, it would be Valparaiso!
Ain’t it quaint?
I have a Bachelor’s degree in English from the American Military University, which took me about six years to complete with all my relocation, changing majors and jobs. I recently received my Master’s Degree in Business Administration and Marketing through Strayer University. I love school! I know…I’m weird. (Fun fact, I actually received my Bachelor’s diploma during my last week of Navy bootcamp.)
When I’m Not Writing
I like to…
- Spend time with my family- my husband, my daughter,mother, father, aunt, uncle, cousins, their kids, in-laws, and so on.
- Frequent the Dunes National Lakeshore and hiking trails (weather permitting)
- Read (constantly!)
- Horseback riding (not enough, but still love it)
- Roadtrips (not so much now that I have a five-year-old, but she did great on the 18-hour drive from Texas to Indiana! Watched her favorite movie “Home” the entire time, over and over again.)
- Catching up on favorite TV shows (Outlander, The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Gilmore Girls (old and new), The Office, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Vikings, Downton Abbey) and movies! (favs include Wonder Woman, Marvel movies, Ex- Machina, Harry Potters, Fantastic Beasts, all Disney live-action remakes and originals, and the list goes on and on!)
- Write in my prayer journal every morning!
- Drinking lots of coffee!
If I’m being completely honest, I am a homebody. I am in my pajamas by 7pm and in bed by 8:30 to read. I think this video below sums me up nicely.
You can email me directly at WriterAlexApostol@gmail.com