I wanted to personally say “hi!” and tell you a little bit about myself. I’m originally from the Chicago suburbs, a town in Indiana called Valparaiso (that’s right! The town Kamlyn Paige is from!) but I’ve been moving around the country from ages 18 to 28.
Places I’ve Lived
- Northwest Indiana (Purdue North Central)
- Central Indiana (Purdue West Lafayette)
- Chicago, Illinois (Columbia College Chicago)
- Pearl Harbor, Hawaii (When I was married to a sailor)
- Tampa, Florida (To stay with my sister)
- I forget where, California (It only lasted a month)
- Great Lakes, Illinois (For bootcamp and schooling)
- Norfolk, Virginia (When I was on the USS PORTER)
- San Antonio, Texas (To have my daughter)
And now I am happily back in my hometown Valparaiso, Indiana with my three-year-old daughter. It’s literally the best place to live! If Stars Hollow came to life and grew by 20,000 people, it would be Valparaiso!
Ain’t it quaint?
I have a Bachelor’s degree in English from the American Military University, which took me about six years to complete with all my moves and jobs. I am currently working on my Master’s Degree in Business Administration and Marketing through Strayer University. I love school! I know…I’m weird. (Fun fact, I actually received my diploma during my last week of bootcamp.)
When I’m Not Writing
I like to…
- Spend time with my family- my mother, father, daughter, aunt, uncle, cousins, their kids, and so on. And my certain special someone- Johnny!
- Frequent the Dunes National Lakeshore and hiking trails (weather permitting)
- Read (constantly!)
- Horseback riding (not enough, but still love it)
- Roadtrips (not so much now that I have a two-year-old, but she did great on the 18-hour drive from Texas to Indiana! Watched her favorite movie “Home” the entire time, over and over again.)
- Catching up on favorite TV shows (Walking Dead, Supernatural, Gilmore Girls (old and new), New Girl, Modern Family, Game of Thrones.)
- Write in my journal (makes me feel awesome if I write my accomplishments for the day down, no matter how tiny.) I’m currently working my way through a 365 day self exploration diary that’s really interesting and awesome. Learning new things about myself and setting new goals!
- Drinking lots of coffee!
If I’m being completely honest, I am a homebody. I am in my pajamas by 7pm and in bed by 8:30 to read. I think this video below sums me up nicely.