I wanted to personally say “hi!” and tell you a little bit about myself. I’m originally from the Chicago suburbs, a town in Indiana called Valparaiso (that’s right! The town Kamlyn Paige is from!) but I moved around the country from ages 18 to 28.
Places I’ve Lived
- Northwest Indiana
- Central Indiana
- Chicago, Illinois
- Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
- Tampa, Florida
- Suisun City, California
- Great Lakes, Illinois
- Norfolk, Virginia
- San Antonio, Texas
And now I am happily back in my hometown Valparaiso, Indiana with my three-year-old daughter. It’s literally the best place to live! If Stars Hollow came to life and grew by 20,000 people, it would be Valparaiso!
Ain’t it quaint?
I have a Bachelor’s degree in English from the American Military University, which took me about six years to complete with all my relocation, changing majors and jobs. I recently received my Master’s Degree in Business Administration and Marketing through Strayer University. I love school! I know…I’m weird. (Fun fact, I actually received my Bachelor’s diploma during my last week of Navy bootcamp.)
When I’m Not Writing
I like to…
- Spend time with my family- my mother, father, daughter, aunt, uncle, cousins, their kids, and so on. And my certain special someone- Johnny!
- Frequent the Dunes National Lakeshore and hiking trails (weather permitting)
- Read (constantly!)
- Horseback riding (not enough, but still love it)
- Roadtrips (not so much now that I have a four-year-old, but she did great on the 18-hour drive from Texas to Indiana! Watched her favorite movie “Home” the entire time, over and over again.)
- Catching up on favorite TV shows (The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Gilmore Girls (old and new), The Office, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Vikings) and movies! (favs include Wonder Woman, X-Men series, Marvel movies, Terminators, Ex- Machina, Harry Potters, Fantastic Beasts, all Disney live-action remakes and originals, and the list goes on and on!)
- Write in my prayer journal every morning!
- Drinking lots of coffee!
If I’m being completely honest, I am a homebody. I am in my pajamas by 7pm and in bed by 8:30 to read. I think this video below sums me up nicely.
You can email me directly at WriterAlexApostol@gmail.com