Something I used to do a few years ago that was popular was Author Spotlights and share the interviews across my social media. I loved doing it because it felt like I was giving back to my indie author community and supporting others who were trying to make it in this heavily competitive world of books. So, I’ve decided to start it up again! It’s a great way to grow your writing and reading community! This is a completely free service but I do accept and greatly appreciate any donations. Maintaining and running a blog takes a lot of time and money to accomplish. Every dollar helps to keep the blog running smoothly.
If you would like an Author Spotlight, please email me answers to my questionnaire posted below and include the photo of yourself and/or your work that you would like me to share to email@example.com . Be sure to copy and paste the questions into your email before you answer them. All interviews are shared on my blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Newsletter (over 10,000 followers and growing!) Once I have reviewed your answers I will email with any follow up questions I have to make it unique for my readers.
Author Interview Questionnaire
- Tell me a little about yourself. You can use your author bio or wing it.
- What genre(s) do you write in?
- Are you traditionally published, independently published, or both?
- What made you choose the publishing path you’re on?
- Why did you choose to write in the genre(s) you’re in?
- When did you first know you wanted to be a writer? (Be sure to include any amusing first writing experience stories here!)
- Tell us a little about your writing processes and your writing space/
- What are your favorite books to read? (Genre, Series, Titles, Authors, include as many as you like!)
- What does marketing look like for you? Are you an avid believer in social media or do you like paid advertisement more? Do you DIY or do you have someone else or a company handle it? (This is for other indie authors to learn from so feel free to go into details!)
- If you have to do any research for your books, how do you like to accomplish this? What is your organization of research like? How long do you usually spend on research?
- Which of your books is your bestseller and why do you think it is? What do readers say they like about it?
- Tell us a little about your latest or upcoming release.
- Of all the characters you’ve created, who is your favorite? (I know, it’s like choosing a favorite between kids)
- Please provide us with all your social media and website links here!
- Please attach in your email an author photo and a cover photo of whichever book of yours you would like to include in the interview article.
I do ask that you make a donation for the upkeep of this site and for the time in reading and writing a review takes. The amount is completely up to you! Anything is appreciated greatly.
Where Do the Author Spotlights Get Shared and How Many People will Potentially See it?
I have been growing my social media presence for years, which is why doing Author Spotlights for other indie authors was so popular when I did it years ago and why I decided to do it again. Once I receive the answers to your questions and follow up with any more I have I will put together a Spotlight for my blog. From there, I share the post with my followers on Instagram (over 5k followers), Twitter (over 5k followers), Facebook (hundreds of followers), Pinterest (hundreds of followers), and my personal monthly newsletter (over 3,500 followers).
That’s over 10,000 potential new readers ready to discover you!
If you have any more questions not answered here, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org